Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Comedy of Errors

I love the airline industry(!), but now it's set to a new level (cue Circus music):
I had a 7 AM flight from Tampa to Atlanta this morning. That was the only "normal" part of my day. I got to the gate for my 9:50 flight to Minneapolis which was overbooked. I took the $400 and lunch voucher and was put on the 1:30 flight. I found out Atlanta Hartsfield to be an interesting place, but I don't buy that it's the busiest in the world. After my exploration I arrived at the gate for my 1:30 flight. Shortly after the safety demo I dozed off, and woke up a short time later I woke up to the sight of our plane still on the ground and that a circuit breaker on the plane had failed so we were going to the gate. After an hour of this, we were told to get off the plane and we stood in the jetway for 5-10 minutes before getting back on, waiting ANOTHER hour before arriving five and a half hours after I was supposed to arrive in Minneapolis.

No comments: