Saturday, September 27, 2008

Farewell PI, Farewell

As I write this blog, Disney's Pleasure Island is celebrating their last night after almost 20 years at Downtown Disney. Before I address the protests of the Adventurer's Club, and to a lesser extent Comedy Warehouse, frankly, the writing was on the wall. Although I never went to Pleasure Island's clubs, I found it to be a nice place to go at night when I got older when I got to walk through it. Consequently, the openness of Pleasure Island I believe led to it's downfall. Any person could walk though and cause trouble, which Disney didn't like because of the bad press from the media reports. I can see why Disney wants to make Downtown completely family friendly to help ease this problem, but I can't say I'm too hyped about the new projects (T-Rex resturant, yawn...., hot air ballon, fun for a couple times at best). Now to the Adventurer's Club...I appreciate the heart that the people behind the "Save the Club" movement, but Disney fans are currently one for two on the "Save the Attraction" internet movement (For those keeping score, Disney did bring back Figment, but did not bring Toad). You have to remember that this is a business decision, and Disney is essentially sold on the idea. Sorry.....

1 comment:

Rae! said...

I have never been to any of the clubs at PI but I have walked through there. It is a shame that it had to come to this.

BTW I will add you to the Team Voice list. :)