Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank a Soldier

As you know, today is Veteran's Day. Without going too much on the tangent on how Veteran's Day should be observed in our schools, my 6th and 7th grade teacher, proud Army vet and friend of mine, gave us the lecture on both Veteran's Days on how he felt betrayed by the school district on how there was nothing done to salute his service. What once was a proud and respected tradition of having a veteran speak at the high school I graduated from with the color guard present has been reduced to "Write a Soldier" or "Write a Member of the Peace Corps" (?) day. Anyway, back on point, I always make it a point to thank uniformed personnel when I see them, and more times than not it makes their day. I actually had a nice conservation a couple months back in my hometown with a soldier who is headed to Iraq in January, and he said that my support is sadly he doesn't hear too often from Americans, especially with the unpopularity of the Iraq war. So, to every member of our military, I THANK YOU!
I also present the songs for each branch of the military.
Air Force:


Army:
">

Marines:


Navy:

No comments: